- Personal Information
Please enter your personal information
ID or Passport Number
Are you a lawyer?
Are you a certified mediator?
Choose your area of Expertise
Upload your CV and a picture
Brief Description about yourself (up to 100 words)
I, the person submitting this application, to the Cyprus Consumer Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (A.D.R. Cyprus Center Ltd) (the “Center”), on acceptance of this application by the Center, agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of the Center.
1. I will be bound by the Rules of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration (“ADR Rules”) of the Center which are hereby incorporated in this contract by reference when a Dispute arises between a Trader and a Consumer.
2. I will abide by Law 159(I)/2012 on Certain Aspects of Mediation in Civil Disputes on 2012. and especially the duties owed by Mediators in accordance with that Law. I shall also abide by those principles and duties in any capacity I have as an Arbitrator, Conciliator or Mediator (the “ADR Specialist”) including but not limited to the duty of impartiality.
3. I shall make sure that prior to the initiation of the ADR procedure, the parties to the procedure understand the nature of the procedure and the role of the ADR specialist and be guided by the European Code of Conduct for Mediators for any position which I hold as an ADR Specialist.
4. I shall abide by Law 85(Ι)/2017 on Alternative Dispute Resolution on Consumer Disputes of 2017 including but not limited to the principles of legality found in article 9.
5. The language of the procedure shall be in English or Greek depending on what the Consumer has chosen.
6. I will keep the procedure confidential and any documents received by me or sent by me will be treated as confidential and will remain confidential even after the ADR procedure has been completed or terminated for any reason. This obligation shall be ongoing for a period of 7 years.
7. I will send to the Center the result of the procedure within 40 days of the initiation of the procedure.
8. I shall decide the place of the procedure with the approval of the Center.
9. Before the procedure is initiated, the Consumer and the Trader sign a document stating that they have understood the procedure fully and every aspect of it.
10. My fees shall be payable by the Center in accordance with the Rules of the Center. The Center shall pay the fees to the ADR Specialist after deducting 20% of the fees which shall go towards the fees of the Center. The ADR Specialist shall issue an invoice to the Center in relation to any payment made to him/her.
11. This agreement shall be valid for 2 years from the date this application has been accepted by the Center.
12. All of the terms of this agreement are essential and binding between the Center and the Mediator and are incorporated into the Consumer application to submit a dispute to the Center.
13. I also agree and give my consent that any personal data submitted with this application will be disclosed to third parties including the website of the Center, the Center’s databases, the Trader, and the Consumer.