- Become a Member
Are you a member of OEB
Name of Trader (Natural Person or Company)
Company Registration Number of Trader (if applicable)
Choose your area of Trade
I, the Trader, by submitting this application (the “Membership Application”) to the Cyprus Consumer Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (A.D.R. Cyprus Center Ltd) (the “Center”), on acceptance of my Membership Application by the Center, agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of the Center.
1. I will be bound by the Rules of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration (“ADR Rules”) of the Center which are hereby incorporated in this contract by reference when a Dispute arises between me and any any natural person who is acting for purposes which are outside his trade, business, craft or profession (the “Consumer”) who has entered into a service or sales contract with me.
2. I will inform Consumers that any dispute raised by them can be resolved by the Center in accordance with the Rules of the Center. In accordance with the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes Law (L. 85(I)/2017) I shall also:
i. Make public on my website the website of the Center www.adr.com.cy
ii. Explain to the consumer the process of submitting a dispute and also provide such consumer with any documents required to submit the dispute.
iii. Add in my contracts with Consumers the terms mentioned in the Annex:
3. The procedure will take place in a place and time which the Center decides.
4. I will pay the fees of the Mediator, Conciliator, Arbitrator (the “ADR Specialist”) in accordance with the ADR Rules.
5. I shall send a full description of the facts and any supporting evidence which I believe are true to the Center as soon as I receive the Consumer’s dispute request.
6. I will abide by Law 159(I)/2012 on Certain Aspects of Mediation in Civil Disputes.
7. I can withdraw from the ADR procedure of Mediation and Conciliation as soon as a Mediator or Conciliator is appointed.
8. I will do my best in order to try and solve the dispute with the Consumer in good faith.
9. I will keep the procedure confidential and any documents received by me or sent by me will be treated as confidential and will remain confidential even after the ADR procedure has been completed or terminated for any reason.
10. All of the terms of this agreement are essential and binding between the Center the Trader and are incorporated into the Consumer application to submit a dispute to the Center.
11. This Agreement is valid for a period of 2 years from the date the Membership Application is accepted by the Center.
12. I will keep the Center or the Natural Person in charge of ADR harmless from any liability or damage caused to me for any reason whatsoever. The Center and any Natural Person in charge of ADR are not liable in case of lawsuit, application or other legal procedure against them in relation to any act or omission during the exercise of its powers or under the Law.
13. I also agree and give my consent that any personal data submitted with this application will be disclosed to third parties including the website of the Center, the Center’s databases, the Consumer and the ADR Specialist.
14. This Agreement is valid for a period of 2 years.